Monday, July 29, 2013

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

Time seems to fly by for me lately.  I'm becoming increasingly aware of my age.  I'm beginning to feel like Rumpella Stiltskin.  All of the sudden I woke up from a thirty year nap, and am thinking Lordy, Lordy, I'm not forty.  And, it's not so nifty, cuz I'm over fifty!  But the upside is that sixty is the new forty, they say.  So I'm really thirty.  Hahaha!  NOT!

We often wish we could go back.  But I'm not so sure that would be a good thing, at least for me.  As many mistakes as I have made,  God has somehow managed to take my junk and turn it into treasure.... perhaps to help other people.  Remember Sanford and son?  One man's junk is another man's treasure.  Easy to say.

I hope you are well, but if you aren't, I am praying that God will bless you with His strength and comfort.  And I pray that with time, God will help you, and turn things around for you; that some good things will come your way. Know that God is only a conversation away.  It may seem crazy or silly to you, but it's not really.  You may find that Someone has been there all along, just waiting for you to pick up the phone and call.

1 comment:

  1. Today I thought about the Pearl of Great Price verses in the Bible. I thought about the value of Jesus Christ in my life. I thought about how Jesus has been there for me through good and bad. I believe.

    ReplyDelete